Sunday, November 17, 2013

Dupe List: Radiant Primers

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance VS. PIXI Flawless Beauty Primer available at Target.

I received a sample of the PIXI primer in my target beauty bag and I had a deluxe size of the Laura Mercier from a Sephora purchase I made where I redeemed 100 Beauty Insider Points. Here is what I have to share with you all.

Similarities: Finishes are luminous with a golden undertone.

Price Break Down: When I originally spoke about the PIXI primer it cost $30 for a 1.01 oz at Target. I was shocked by the price tag because it made the Laura Mercier much more appealing at $32 for a 1.7 oz. I have since checked and the PIXI primer has been reduced to $22. My initial thought was, great I should pick up that PIXI primer. But even with the price reduction that makes the PIXI primer $21.78/oz and Laura Mercier $18.82/oz. With the price reduction the higher end Laura Mercier still wins out! I never thought I would be posting a dupe where the high end is more worth it.

Screen shot from August 18th 2013:-



















Screen shot from today, November 17th 2013:-




















Laura Mercier website today, November 17th 2013:-


















Verdict: The primers perform very similarly but with the price per oz being less with Laura Mercier, I would obviously opt for that one.

Lastly, I must emphasize that these primers look best on film. They help your skin catch light, giving a person's face more depth. However in person or flash photography they may be less flattering (very shiny) so consider this before making your purchase. I discovered this when I was less than thrilled trying the Laura Mercier but when I went to film a YouTube video I was blown away with how glowing and healthy my face appeared.


No comments:

Post a Comment