Friday, November 22, 2013

Anticipating Black Friday: Sephora

Every year I look forward to seeing family and a few friends on Thanksgiving. Over 30 of us usually gather around for the feast. Afterwards we play games, catch up and look through ads. Not many of us actually brave the black Friday crowd and for myself I actually have to work in the office on Black Fridays. But I do like to check out the online sales for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

If you take a look at what has been revealed for Sephora's 2013 it does not seem that exciting. The only thing that slightly peaks my interest is the Josie Maran set. The picture clearly show the nail wipes which were in last year's set and the tube looks like it could be the Argan Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil, Whipped Argan Oil Intensive Hand or their Aqua tinted moisturizer. My guess is on the hand cream. The Josie Moran set I bought last year came with the nail wipes (haven't used but seem great for travel) and facial cleansing wipes. I was extremely disappointed in the wipes and felt cheated, but an oil might be worth my while. More Black Friday Specials will be revealed on Sephora's Facebook fan page tomorrow 11/23. What are you interested in?



If you're interested in what I got last year then keep on reading. Last year (2012) was my first time participating during Sephora's $10 Black Friday deals. I actually got my hands on a lot of things.

Tarte MultiplEYE™ & Gifted™ Lash Enhancing Primer & Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara: A full sized primer and mascara.
Too Faced Coco Glow Duo: Deluxe size Too Faced Chocolate Soileil and mini brush
LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer/Eye Shadow Duo: Full sized primer and single pot shadow
Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes Duo: Full sized Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes both Facial and Nail

A year later looking back, I didn't find any of the things I picked up to be amazing. I was caught up in the hype and bought overpriced makeup remover wipes and deluxe sample sizes of the Too Faced Chocolate Soilel for which I already have the full size and deluxe size in my Bronzed and the Beautiful Palette. (I ended up returning one and giving one to my mom). I would probably not have made most of the purchases after trying the products or considering their value. The Tarte mascaras would be an excellent deal if you like their mascara but I was not a fan. Of the bunch I grabbed, the best to me was The LORAC set.

Note: I also picked up a few other things that were not part of the Black Friday $10 deals to get my free Cinderella gift bag and free shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment