Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Product Spotlight: Sibu Beauty Sibu Sea Buckthorn Miracle Stick

What is it with my fascination with trying new products? I was drawn to Sibu Beauty in my quest to find natural skincare. Who can pass up a cruelty free brand that claims to "restore, revitalize and protect youthful beauty?"  



Earlier this year I made a large Sibu Beauty purchase on hautelook. I bought 8 products and intend to try more in the future. My opinion varies on each product I have tried and I will be working on reviews for each of them when I feel I've used them enough to form an opinion.

The Sea Buckthorn Miracle Stick is a moisturizing stick that is housed in a giant chap stick like plastic container (much larger than a chapstick!). It is 2 fl oz in size and retails for $19.95 on Sibu Beauty's website. The twist up container is kept by my bed, as I like to use this on my hands before sleep especially this time of year (winter) when my hands are chapped. I like that I can control exactly where I want to distribute this product and it absorbs quickly. It's not messy, greasy or residue forming. I usually wake up with my hands feeling fine as opposed to severely dried out. Because it is not liquid it would be easy to carry around in a larger handbag (though slightly too bulky for a small handbag). If you know what sea buckthorn smells like, it has that scent of being less fruity and slightly herbal.

This year on Black Friday to Cyber Monday (11/26-12/2) they had an incredible 60% off. However, I want to mention they charged shipping Sibu Beauty's website. Therefore, the discount worked out to be about the same as buying them on discount at hautelook (when buying over $100 to qualify for hautelook's free shipping). So if you missed out on their holiday special, don't worry I think you will be able to catch them on sale again in the future.

Product claims from Company website: Paraben-FREE and Cruelty-FREE. No dairy, wheat, gluten, sodium, yeast or preservatives. Our sea buckthorn is sourced through fair trade agreements with local harvesters in Tibet.
  •            Soothes inflammatory skin conditions
  •            Promotes skin recovery and healing
  •            Supports skins’ natural lipid barrier      
  •       Noticeably reduces visible sun damage
  •            100% All Natural Ingredients
  •            For All Skin Types
  •            2 fl. Oz.

disclaimer: I am aware that everyone's skin is different and my tips are what worked for me and my experience. I'm not a healthcare professional and I am only sharing what helped me out. This post is not sponsored and all these opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment