Tuesday, September 13, 2016

My First Experience with Yanwen Economic Air Mail

I thought I would write a post about my experience with Yanwen Economic Air Mail. I am new to Aliexpress but one thing I've learned is that for shipping to the US it is best to go with orders that say shipping via epackets because once they arrive in the US I can track those packages on the USPS app or website. I just started using Aliexpress at the end of August 2016 and have made 16 purchases.

Here is the breakdown of the shipping method
13 epackets
2 Aliexpress Standard Shipping
1 Yanwen Economic Air Mail

So far I have received 8 of the packages all of which were epackets with an average of 15 days from order to doorstep. I am a tad skeptical of the packages shipped via Aliexpress Standard Shipping and Yanwen since the tracking information doesn't seem to update much and the lag time is getting up there. Take for example the screen shot below, that product was ordered 8/25/2016. It seems to be stuck at a status of "Outbound clearance completed successfully and loaded to airline" since 8/30/2016. Maybe I am just more accustomed to seeing the tracking provided by USPS and regular updates and being too hopeful for the other 2 methods. I hope all will go well with this order and I will update you.




Personally going forward even when a seller has better than average great reviews, I will less likely use them since I am a micro manager when it comes to knowing where my purchases are in shipping status. I am hopeful that these methods are legit and that I just am far too impatient. Please note that I fully accept that I am overly critical when it comes to waiting for goods and that I have not yet opened a dispute with the sellers as they are still within their promised delivery time of 20- 38 days. I have been spoiled and accustomed to the sellers that got their products to me in 14 days.

UPDATE: I received my product from this seller that was shipped this method in 19 days from order to doorstep.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience.. Did you get the others orders from those services??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, sorry for the late response. Yes, I did receive my order with all services I used from Aliexpress. One service actually took a whooping 43 days for which I was getting quite annoyed but it still showed up in good condition.

      Delete
  2. It is so good that you do not use Yanwen surface mail which has no info at all at the destination country even if you go to YANWEN Tracking site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, dear Angela!
    Did you receive your item which was shipped by Yanwen Economic Air mail?
    If you did, how long did it take you to receive your item?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did receive my order with all services I used from Aliexpress. One service actually took a whooping 43 days for which I was getting quite annoyed but it still showed up in good condition.

      Delete