Friday, December 30, 2016

Sale Alert and Customer Service Note: Too Faced

Today I am writing you to report a sale alert and also to give you an account of my Customer Service experience with Too Faced Cosmetics.

Sale Alert:
Let's start with the exciting part: right now when you use the code TFSORRY you get 40% off most of the Too Faced Cosmetics website (I tried the Peanut Butter and Jelly palette and their Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara and many other regular priced items that worked) including the sale item page (I picked up 2 sale eye shadow palettes, la creme lipsticks, melted metal lip and bullet proof eyeliner and received these for a stead of additional 40% off the 50% price) I'm not sure when this code will expire but I credit Nouveau Cheap for alerting me of the sale. I quickly went on the their site and made a hasty purchase. I'm very happy with the items I picked out and I feel like I got my items for a steal. This leads me into their Customer Service.

Customer Service:
I have been hearing many rumors lately with their Sweet Peach line launch in late December 2016 that their customer service has been atrocious with lost orders and being non responsive. I also suspect the sale with code "TFSORRY" is to make up for that snafu. Since I placed an order and heard from watching the YouTube Drama Channels John Kuckian and Karina Kaboom about the recent bad customer service I have was worried myself about what I might experience.

I will get to experience their customer service because in my excitement I made error when typing in the form for my email address I typed in an email address that did not belong to myself. So when I placed the order I realized just as it was too late that I had made the mistake. So first thing I did was pick up the phone and call their customer service number at 855-866-3223. I got a busy signal and assumed they would be swamped with inquiries from other customers and previous purchases. I saw a note "Due to incredibly high customer service email and call volumes, there will be an extended delay in response time. Please allow a minimum 24 hour turn around on all email and longer than normal wait times on hold when phoning in." and also when placing my order I saw that orders will be delayed for at least 7-10 days due to inventory being taken at the warehouse at this time. I have a really obsessive personality so I picked up the phone and dialed a few more times with the same result. 

I randomly dialed again about 1 hour later and to my shock I got a prompt with music saying I was in line. So I patiently waited for about 25 minutes while I multi-tasked and worked on other items. A woman answered the line about 25 minutes into the hold and I told her my problem. I provided her with the confirmation number I got from the last screen and she told me she was able to update my email address. I asked if she could re-send a copy of the purchase confirmation to me since I never received one but she told me she did not have access. But she told me that I should get future shipping confirmations to the updated email address. So far I am satisfied with my experience. As with my Aliexpress shipping experience I will update with the conclusion of how the rest of my order goes to completion. If I receive my shipping confirmation and when my order arrives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment