Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bundle Monster 4pc Kabuki Collection

The first time I saw the Bundle Monster Kabuki Brushes online I said to myself I need to check them out. The brush heads look just like the Sigma Beauty Sigmax Kabuki F80 range brush collection.

Price comparison:
  • Bundle Monster Kabuki set of 4 brushes is $25 for the whole set and it includes a sturdy case. Another wonderful perk about Bundle Monster is they have free shipping in the US.
  • Sigma Sigmax Kabuki Brushes retail for $21 each bringing your total to $84 if you bought all 4 individually or you can pick up their Sigma Beauty 5 Brush set for $84 (that also comes with the F88 Flat Angled Kabuki) I just want to point out that Sigma also charges shipping.
With a huge price gap why not give the Bundle Monster brushes a go? 

Review of Bundle Monster set:

When you first remove them from their original packaging there is a strong moth ball or plastic scent. No worries, after the first wash of the brushes and airing out the case the smell was completely gone!

All the brush head bristles are soft and blend your foundation really well. I only had shedding with 1 brush during first wash, the Flat Kabuki. Since then I haven't had such issues with them. The case that is included is durable and would definitely protect your brushes.  My final rave is a personal preference, I love the look of the rustic wooden handles, I don't think other brushes on the market have that design right now.

I have always been intrigued by Sigma brushes, particularly their synthetic brushes. I first viewed them as an affordable alternative to high end brushes but now I see them as outside my brush price range. I know I own more expensive brushes too but Sigma to me, seems more like a step up from drugstore brushes but certainly not a luxe brand so my willingness to pay for them is lower these days particularly when it seems companies like Bundle Monster can come to a close match on quality without the steep price tag.

Now I wish Bundle Monster would dupe Sigma's Sigmax Precision Kit too, I imagine it would be amazing and send us brushaholics to brush heaven.

Pic from my instagram @gymba24.



Left numbers below are the Sigma Brush numbers and right hand side numbers are the Bundle Monster version. They have equivalent names.

F80 Flat Kabuki K01
F82 Round Kabuki K02
F84 Angled Kabuki K04 
F86 Tapered Kabuki K03


The Bundle Monster Brushes are super high quality, I am very impressed with them. If you want to see them in action check out my video below.




The opinions expressed in this post are all my own, I was not paid to do this review, I received the items for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment