Friday, June 22, 2012

New Revlon ColorStay Whipped & ColorStay review

I've been a fan of Revlon's traditional ColorStay about 1.5 years now. I'm usually a cross between 330 Natural Tan/340 Early Tan and 350 Rich Tan (I also use NC30/NC35/NC40) depending on the time of year and how dark of a tan. Lately I've been wanting to try something with slightly less coverage as I feel as though wearing this daily may be causing me to get a zit or two.

My thoughts on the Colorstay Whipped:
1) More sheer than Colorstay. On days where I don't need as much coverage I may go for the whipped.
2) Strange consistency that may need a tad more blending.
3) Not cakey.
4) Does not give quite the flawlessly finished look that Colorstay does. I'd pick Colorstay over Whipped on a flash photography day.


*UPDATE* ok so I've been wearing he whipped shade 320 for 2 weeks now. I need update my opinion on this shade. I still feel like the coverage is more sheer than traditional ColorStay, which I like. However, this gives me a slight white cast which makes me appear ghostly and makeup faced. I need to return this. I haven't quite decided if I'll exchange for a new shade yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment