Thursday, May 31, 2012

Review: Shiseido The Skincare line

I've been using this line mainly in the winter months when the air in San Diego is dry. I started using this in my mid 20s when I noticed that I had very dry skin under my eyes and cheeks. Here is my take on each product I've had experience with.


Hydro-Nourishing Softener: Good for re-hydrating very dry skin. I think this is suppose to act as a wet lotion or toner. It definitely softened my skin after application. In fact this was the product that ultimately lured me into trying more and more products from this same line.

Night Moisture Recharge: Much too wet on my skin. It skins on top of the skin and does not seem to soak in.

Day Moisture Protection SPF 15: Works like a moisturizer with a fairly strong scent of sunscreen. Goes on nicely.

Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam: I've been using this with my Clarisonic and nothing special. 

Eye Moisture Recharge: Much like the Night Moisture recharge, it just sits on top of my skin. I have not noticed any benefit and quite frankly felt like this product has been a waste of money.

In short, the softener was worth it to revitalize dry skin, I could skip out on anything else listed that I tried. The moisturizer was ok but I'd prefer something without that strong sunscreen scent.

Overall, I was happy with how my skin improved from very dry to combination. It could be my age now but this product line doesn't wow me anymore. Once I finish it off I will probably stop repurchasing. I have however bought a few items from Shiseido's White Lucent and Benefiance lines.

I have always had mostly clear skin with the occasional hormonal breakout and people always guess my age to be 5 to 10 years younger than I really am so I must be taking good care of my skin!


Here is a photo of my husband and I at our friend's wedding at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment