Saturday, January 18, 2014

Review: Mally Beauty Lip Fence

I purchased my Mally Beauty Lip Fence from Beauty.com, for $12.50 you get a 0.01 oz colorless lip liner. This is my first and only Mally Beauty purchase. I will have to do a comparison with the Sally Hansen version that I recently bought.

The most noticeable thing about it when I apply this is that I don't notice product distributing onto my lips (or hands as you see the swatch below). So whenever I used it, I kind of worry that its just brushing over my lips and not really doing anything.

The Review:
It's thin like a lip liner and white like a lip primer.  It smooths out my lips so that lipstick doesn't settle into my lines. It also makes drugstore lipsticks more flattering (sometimes I find drugstore lippies can be too opaque and therefore uneven on your lips) by evening out the base and letting them distribute better. It seems to make lip stick last longer and help lipstick keep from feathering. There is a faint scent of crayon but I don't seem to notice it so much after applying my lipstick. I'm not sure I would repurchase this because my favorite lip stick primer is still from MAC.

My rating: 7 out of 10

Looks like a white stick, almost like a deodorant stick in lip liner form!
 
As you can see below, it doesn't give off much color. I swear that I swatched a fairly large area on my hand but you can't even see a thing!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment