Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Review: Urban Decay Naked 3

I had to take some photos of this little guy before getting my brushes and fingers into it. With my love of photography this was my pick from our photo shoot with indoor lighting.

Aesthetically, Naked 3 packaging is higher than her sisters Naked and Naked 2. Also, the thought of pink and gold tone shadows is amazing. Though pretty to look at,  I found it a bit hard to work with my skin tone. I eventually came up with a look I would not be embarrassed leaving the house wearing. So far nothing I felt excited about. I don't doubt that this palettes looks amazing on other skin tones. I find Naked 2 to be my favorite and the most versatile.


Pros:
  • Sleek and beautiful packaging
  • Mostly high quality shadows
  • May work well with certain skin tones (not mine Asian NC30)

Cons:
  • May be harder to work with certain skin tones (mine) 
  • Only comes with a small rip open type sample of primer (really? after buying a a pricey palettes you can't throw in a deluxe size sample?)
  • Colors are not that unique (perhaps the easiest palette to find dupes)
  • 2 shadows are powdery (Dust and Trick)

Watch my video for a few of my thoughts and comparisons with the Naked and Naked 2 and swatches of the Urban Decay Naked 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment